Sunday 18 March 2012

First day back at Hogwarts

Hey everyone! Hogwarts just had a week long Spring Break and heres how my first day back went......

I awoke to the sounds of birds chirping and a breeze rusting the trees of the Forbidden Forest. I quickly pulled the curtains of my four poster bed to find that all the other Gryffindor third-year girls -Sarah, LuLu, Cathy Wood and Freya Finnegan- were already up and dressed.
"'Bout time you got up Mione!" My best friend Sarah Longbottom said as her pulled on her cloak. I laughed and went over to my trunk. On top was a note from a little house-elf I know who works in the Kitchens named, Curly. "Welcome back Miss Hermione! Curly was wondering if Miss Hermione and her friends would like to come and visit Curly in the Kitchens Miss? If Miss can, leave a note on your plate after breakfast so that Curly can find it." 
I dressed quickly, stuffed the note in my pocket, swung my bag over my shoulder, and left the room with Sarah. "Come on. Ron and Scorpius are probably going to eat everything on the Gryffindor table before we get there." As we raced down the forth flight of stair, Pevees the pranking sort-of-ghost, started to throw dungbombs at us singing: "Potty needs to go pee! Longbottom needs to pee! Everybody in Hogwarts needs to peewee!" We managed to dodge Peeves by running straight though the Slytherin ghost the Bloody Baron. "OH YUCK!" Sarah squealed as we felt as if we had gone through a ice-cold shower. "Oh sorry so Bloodyness! I was only...." 
That was the last we heard of Peeves, as we yanked open the door of the Great Hall, and escaped inside. 
"About time you two showed up!" Our other best friend Scorpius Malfoy grinned as we plopped down next to him and my twin brother Ron. Sarah glared at him, as she spread butter on her toast. 
"What class you two have next?" Ron asked. "Double Divination, bladerdash." I said glancing at my scedule. "Us too." He said gesturing at Scorpius, who was know bickering with Sarah over the importance of correct wand posture. 
At Divination........
I climbed up the ladder into Professor Trelaweny's sticky, hot classroom about an hour later.
"Welcome, my dears!" Trelaweny's hoarse voice spoke from the shadows, as we settled into puffs, and armchairs around the circular tables, that today held beautiful models of the solar systems. 
"Today, we shall be consulting the Heavens and Stars for glimpses into your futures. Now, Miss Potter would you be ever so kind as to come up here and help me demonstrate?" 
I walked to the front of the room where a bigger model of the solar system stood on Trelaweny's desk. 
"Now dear, I would like you to point your wand at the model and say Dies
Natalis
"Er.. Okay... Dies Natalis." 
The plants lit up and began spinning, and after about fifteen seconds they came to a halt..... And then Trelaweny let out a scream!
"OH DEAR! Poor, poor unfortunate dear!" 
'Well this should be good." I thought as Trelaweny steadied herself on her desk. 
"Poor child, the position of the planets, stars, and moons at the moment of your birth, signify that you shall soon suffer a most terrible death!" 
"Oh please. How many times have you told my dad that?" The words slipped out before I could stop myself. 
Many people in the room gasped at my boldness, you see, I'm kinda the quiet girl who hates attention, but is really outgoing among people I know. 
"Detention Miss Potter, My room 7:00..." 
"But Professor, thats Quidditch..."
"Silence, you are disturbing the Aura of the room! Class, you are all dismissed early, I have a rather bad headache." 
As my friends and I walked back to the Gryffindor common room, Ron congratulated me. 
"You sounded just like Aunt Hermione in Dad's biography!" 
"Shut up Ronald" I hissed
"Oh yea and who's gonna stop me?" 
"LEVICORPUS!" I cried pointing my wand at him in frustration and anger. 
Ron let out a cry of surprise as the spell magically flipped him upside down....


Well its been about an hour, I should probably go get Ron down! 
I'll post about my Detention with Trewlaney tomorrow (after it happens!)



No comments:

Post a Comment