Wednesday 28 December 2011

Christmas

On Christmas morning I woke up to find my stocking full, and our house-elves Winky and Kreacher, standing near it staring at me.
 "Merry Christmas Mistress Hermione!" Winky squeaked excitedly. I've asked them loads of times not to call me Mistress Hermione but they always forget. "Morning Miss Hermione." Kreacher said with a weird half grin on his face.
"Merry Christmas to you too!" I said handing each of them a small package. Winky's contained a little Christmas dress and Kreacher's some patterned socks.
"Oh thank you Miss Mione!!" Winky squealed, her eyes brimming with happy tears. Kreacher mumbled something that sounded like a strained thanks and the two elves left to start making Christmas Breakfast.
BANG! My door flew open knocking me down. "HERMIONE WAKE..... Oh woops. Um, what are you doing on the floor?" My twin brother Ron (the second) asked looking worries (he is annoyingly protective of me). "You just pushed me down you oaf!" "Oh sorry! Hey lts look in our stockings before Mum and Dad wake up and tell us we can't eat anything before breakfast."
We hurriedly sat on my bed and dumped the contents of our stockings onto it. Mine consited of Chocolate Frogs, a Flourish and Blotts gift certificate, a Licorice Wand, Cauldron Cakes and some Muggle Sweets. Ron's had pretty much the same but with a gift certificate to a Quidditch Supply store instead.
BAM! My little brother James and Albus came in with little Lily at their heels. Each was clutching a stocking and Albus had a Pumpkin Pastie in his mouth, and Lily was shoving a handfull of Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans into her mouth.
"Come on! Lets go wake Mum and Dad up!" James said, his face glowing with excitement.
Its a Potter tradition started when Ron and I were two, that every Christmas that we kids go running into Mum and Dad's room and make as much noise as we can trying to wake them up.
10 minutes later........
"Okay, lets see James heres one for you, and Albus here you go, and wheres Lily? Oh there you are sweetheart. Mione... Ron... And last but certainly not least Ginny." Dad said giving each of us a present.
"WOW!" Ron said ripping open his revealing a Nimbus Two Thousand Racing Broom. "Only the best for Gryffindor's new Keeper!" Dad exclaimd(which was exactly what he said to me last year when I became Gryffindor House's new Seeker).
James gasped and held up our dad's magical map of Hogwarts called the Maurader's Map. "For your little mischief, I here you've been getting up too." Dad said with a twinkle in his eye. "But DONT use it to sneak out at night!" Mum added with a Weasley glare in her eye.
Lily got a little toy broomstick and Albus was given a Omnoculars ("For your Magical Birds watching").
I opened my present slowly, then something soft like air fell onto my lap. "My old Invisibilty Cloak." Dad said similing. "Wow." I breathed as I threw it over me. "WHERE'S HERMIONE!?!" Lily shrieked. "I'm right here silly." I said taking off the Cloak.
Mum's present was a Wizard picture of all her old Quidditch team mates from the HolyHead Harpies with their signatures and little notes. "Oh my goodness Harry! How did you manage this?" "Same way Voldemort (Albus flinched) was destroyed: constant viligance!"
My other presents included:
  • The annual sweather from Grandma Weasley (red with a Gryffindor lion on the front and Hermione on the back).
  • A box of Weasley Wizard Wheezes stuff from Uncle George, Aunt Angelina, Fred and Roxanne.
  • A Pygmy Puff namedArnold from Uncle Ron, Aunt Hermione, Rose and Hugo.
  • A really boring book I'll never read about the Ministry of Magic from Uncle Percy, Aunt Aubrey, Lucy and Molly.
  • A little moving model of a dragon from Uncle Charlie.
  • A fasicating book about the history of Gringotts and book about Veelas from Uncle Bill, Aunt Fleur, Victorie, Dominique and Louis.
  • Exploding Snap Cards from my friend Scorpius Malfoy.
  • Hogwart, A History from my best friend Sarah Longbottom.
  • A broom cleaning kit from Teddy Lupin (who is like a brother because he lives with us but is really Dad's godson).
  • The History of the Animagnus from Professor McGonagall (also a fellow Animagnus)
  • A book about how Muggle contraptions work from Granpa Weasley (he was sooooo please that at least one of his grandchildren is somewhat as fascinated by Muggles as he is,
All in all it was a great Christmas. What did you get for Christmas! Please comment below because I'm not even sure I'm doing this blogg thing right because Muggle computers go all haywire in my house with all the magic in it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment