Friday 13 January 2012

Quidditch

"Hermione." Someone said shaking me softly one morning, about a week after we had gotten back to Hogwarts. "Hermione.... AHHH! SCORPIUS HYPERION MALFOY, WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING IN THE GIRL'S DORMITORY!?!" Sarah's scanadlized yell made me spring out of bed.
A red faced Scorpius was standing in the doorway of the bedroom, looking as if he'd rather face a provoked Voldemort than Sarah right now.
"Er... PLEASE DON'T SLAP ME! Hanson just made me come up here to tell you to get a move on. The game starts in......."
I never heard when the game stared because at that second, a well aimmed One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi book hit Scorpius on the side of the head. There was a "OW" a stumble and he went running down the stairs to an explosion of laughter from all of Gryffindor House who heard what happened.
I laughed pulling on my scarlet Quidditch robes and shouldering my dad's old Firebolt broomstick. Sarah and LuLu were right behind each of them carrying a Firebolt as well (if you've read my dad's biography then you'd know that Firebolts a little out dated but still great).
We joined Ron and Scorpius downstairs, and together we headed out towards to Quidditch pitch.
There we met the team Captian Derek Hanson (a sixth-year) and the other Beater, a fourth year named Daniel Finnegan (Freya's older brother).
"Come on! Lets get a move on!" Hanson called over to us as we raced across the pitch.
"Ok team. Today's match is a BIG one! If we beat Slytherin this puts us up in first place for the Quidditch Cup! Now Hermione I want you to catch Snitch ONLY if when we are at least 40 points up. Do you think you can handle that?" "Yup." Okay, Potter, Finnegan, I want you two to knock-out as many Slytherins as you can... Yes Potter even the girls." "And Malfoy, Sarah, and LuLu, score as much as you can before Hermione catches the Snitch okay?" "Hanson, we get okay? Lets go!" Ron said.
"And heres the Gryffindor Team!" My little brother James's voice magically magnified across the field. There was whistles and cheers from about 3/4 of the stadium and boos and hisses from the Slytherins.
"OK there Team Captian Derek Hanson in the lead with Gryffindor Beaters Ron Potter (yes my prat of a brother, Sorry Professor, just saying), and Daniel Finnegan. Then theres the Chasers: Scorpius Malfoy, Sarah Longbottom and LuLu Weasley..... Annnnnd heres the greatest Seeker since my Dad Harry Potter.... Only joking professor..... HERMIONE POTTER!!!" I waved to the crowd and saw a fimiliar face sitting next to Hagrid. "DAD! Ron look its Dad!" Ron whipped around and waved his Beaters bat at Dad, who grinned and called something I couldn't hear.
"Captians, Shake hands." Madam Hooch
TO BE CONTINUE SOME TIME THIS WEEKEND

No comments:

Post a Comment