Thursday 5 January 2012

Return to Hogwarts

"Hermione! Ron! James! Albus! Lily! Get down here! NOW!" Mum called yesterday morning. "Wheres my bag?" I called down from my attic room. "Here Miss!" A little voice squealed as Winky the house-elf said running up holding up my bag. "Thanks Winky. Okay lets see," I said picking up a list on my bed (I like to be organized) "Pygmy Puff? Check." I said as Arnold hopped on my shoulder, "Trunk? Check. Robes? Check. Books? Check. Quills? Check......" "Any time your ready Mione?" Ron said passing my room with dragging his trunk and his owl Geenda. "Well excuse me for being organized Mr. Messy." I snapped. "HERMIONE! RON! GET DOWN HERE NOW!" Mum screamed. "Here blood-traitor. I mean Miss Hermione, let me take your trunk." Our other house-elf Kreacher sneered. "Oh no thanks Kreacher, last time you did that you went to the bathroom in it." "HERMIONE THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE! IF YOU DON'T GET DOWN HERE IN 2 SECONDS..." "Coming Mum!" I said racing down the stairs my trunk in tow. 
30 minutes later......
"Okay through the barrier; James, Mione you first." Dad said. I looked around to make sure no Muggles were looking, then ran toward the wall between Platform 9 and 10. As Platform 9 3/4 materialised a blur of white-blond went crashing into me. "Ow!" My good friend; Scorpius Malfoy said as my trunk landed on his foot.  "Oh whoops. Sorry." I said lifting my trunk off his foot. "Clumsy Hermione at it again, eh?" My best friend Sarah Longbottom laughed. "More like Destructive Hermione." Scorpius said pointing at his foot which looked broken. "Can we use magic when we are on the Platform?" I asked "Yea." Sarah said. "Okay Scorpius hold out your foot." Scorpius looked skeptical. "Now." He held out his foot, I took out my wand and said "Episkey" there was a loud crack and Scorpius's foot returned to normal.
We all said good-bye to our parents, Lily, and Hugo (Rose's little brother.) "Stay safe, be nice and respectful to the professors, and DON'T get up to mischief." Mum called as the train picked-up speed. "Don't worry Ginny. I'll make sure they don't!" Teddy called pointing to his prefect badge. "Lets go find the crew." Sarah said, and with that we set off looking for the other Gryffindor Third-Years. 
We found them at the end of the train, doing an assortment of things. My cousin LuLu Weasley (Uncle George's oldest daughter) was attempting to make it snow with her wand, but was really turning her magazine (Witch Weekly) into a dictionary and back again. My other cousin Lucy Weasley (Uncle Percy's daughter) was reading what looked like a exceptionally boring book entitled: The Ministry of Magic for Teens. Twins Lorcan and Lysander Scamander (Luna Lovegood Scamander's sons) where each poring over a copy of the Quibbler, one had the title:
Is The Minister For Magic Really Minister? 
Or Is He Really A Wrackspurt Breeder?
(What you didn't know about Kingsley Shaklebolt!)
And the other was titled:
Nargles Are Increasing At An Alarmingly Rate!
(Will ANY Misletoe Be Safe?) 

"Hello!" Lucy said looking up from her book as her owl Velma came to rest on the storage rack. "Hiya! Scorpius do you still have that Love Potion? I need it for a prank on Professor Slughorn when he invites us to his stupid lunch party later, but Dad won't let me have any." LuLu asked her eyes twinkling mischievously "Yea I thought you might need it." Scorpius said pulling it out of his bag and handing it to her. "You got a Smuffled Forged Dumger in your ear, Hermione?" Lorcan greeted us. "A what? Um I don't think so." I said trying not to laugh. "Oh I thought I saw one in Lucy's ear a minute ago." Lysander said as Lucy clapped her hand to ear. 
"Everything okay in here?" Teddy asked waking in to check on us. "Yup!" LuLu said as she added the Love Potion to what looked like a bottle of dog poo. "Not even gonna ask whats in that." Teddy said eyeing LuLu's bottle. "Mind if I join you?" Teddy girlfriend and my older cousin Victorie said walking in her veela hair glinting in the sun light. "Oh no." Sarah said, because every single time Victorie comes near the boys they go into a weird trance, but she can't help it as she is part veela. And with out fail: Ron stared at Victorie as if she was the only thing in the room, Scorpius suddenly said: "Did you know I just invented a cure for Werewolves?" Lysander actually started drooling a little and Lorcan did a weird little ballerina trick that made us all stare at him. "I'll get them." I said. I pinched Ron, clapped my hands in front of Scorpius's face, lightly kicked Lorcan and yelled "HEY WAKE UP!" into Lysander's ear. The boys all snapped out of their trance and looking highly embarrassed all sat down and hid their faces behind books. "Well thats done. Oh dear..." Lucy said when she saw what Victorie had in her hands; it was the all too fimiliar green ribboned invitation to Professor Slughorn's comparment for lunch. "Oh yeah, sorry but I have to give you these." Victorie said laughing at the crestfallen look on our faces. "Teddy, I BEG you please scedule a Qudditch practice EVERY time there is a Slug Club party!" Ron said getting down on his knees and clasping his hands. "I'll try, but seeing as I'm not in the Slug Club, I might just have to enjoy watch you all learn some tolerance." Teddy said turning his hair to red and gold and then back to its usual teal. "Well, shall we go Victoire?" He said as he and Victorie walked out of the compartment back to the Prefects Carriage. 
At the "Slug Club" 
"Ah Hermione, my girl! Lovely to see you again!" A fairly large man in a velvet smoking jacket boomed as the Potters and Weasleys (Lorcan and Lysander weren't invited)




TO BE CONTIUED..............

No comments:

Post a Comment