Wednesday 8 February 2012

A day at Hogwarts

Hello everyone! I may not have told you but I LOVE those Muggle Dolls called American Girl, hove any of you seen the new Girl Of The Year, McKenna? Now back to my diary......


I woke up on Friday morning to find Hogwarts covered in a fresh layer of snow. As I pulled my robes on, the rest of the girls in my dormitory began to awake.
"Morning everyone." Sarah yawned as she walked to her trunk to get out her clothes. LuLu was searching frantically for her Remembrall (small glass sphere that when you squeeze turns red if you've forgotten something). Cathy Wood was flicking through a Witch Weekly magazine, and her best friend Freya Finnegan, was umm...
"Freya, what are you doing?" I asked, watching Freya poking her Monster Book of Monsters textbook with her wand.
"I'm trying to Stun it but when I do that it just gets more vicious!" She squealed as the book tried to eat her foot.
"Here, Finite Incantatem." I said pointing my wand at the book. Immediately it froze and stopped moving.
"Thanks Mione!" Freya said stuffing the book into her bag.
Sarah, LuLu and I were the first Third Year girls to get to breakfast that morning.
"I'm starving!" Sarah said as we slid into seats next to Ron and Scorpius.
"Hey! I was going to eat that!" Ron said as I took a piece of toast he was reaching for.
"I'm older than you, so ha!" I grinned.
"By what two minutes!?"
 "Oh stop squabbling you two. Whats our first class?" Scorpius said glancing at LuLu's schedule. "Hmmm, lets see Divination, oh drat. I knew I forgot something. See you guys there, I've got to go get that silly Dream Diary." LuLu called over her shoulder as she raced out of the Hall.
"If only LuLu could remember her Remembrall than she wouldn't be so forgetful.... ARGH!" Ron shouted as something green came out of his scrambled eggs and on his face.
"JAMES! I'M GONNA...."
"Mr. Potter, why are you yelling?" The Charms Professor Flitwick asked coming over to the Gryffindor table.
"My little brother James jinxed these eggs to squirt.... What ever this stuff is..... All over me!" I heard James and our cousin Fred (the second) sniggering over at the other end of the Gryffindor Table. Needless to say, James and Fred both got detentions and James got a Howler from Mum the next day.
At Divination.....
"Welcome Students, to another day of consulting the Heavens, unfogging the Future....." "Why can't she just shut up and teach us something!" Sarah whispered as Professor Trelaweny began her usual monologue.
"Now students, today we are going to begin the art of the Crystal Ball. Now I wanted each of you to first turn in your Dream Diaries and then gaze into the Crystal Ball in front of you and confront your fate!" The room was sticky with the heat from the magically perfumed fire, that constantly made me sleepy. I gave my Dream Diary to Trelaweny as she came by, then started staring into the fuzzy crystal ball.
"My dears, what do you see? Ah yes Mr. Scamander?"
"I see a Blibbering Humdinger migration!" Everyone turned and stared at Lorcan for a minute until Sarah pipped...
"I think its going to be really foggy Professor!" Sarah got 100 lines of: I will not make jokes about the noble art of Divination.
Sarah complained all the way to Potions.
 "I was being serious! All I saw was fog! You guys believe me right?"
"No." We all said laughing.
"Well lets brace ourselves fro Slughorn, get ready for more party invitations! Hanson has a practice tonight right?" Scorpius said with a grimace. In case you didn't know, Professor Slughorn the Potions Master has this habit of inviting Ron and me to his ridiculous "Slug Club" parties just because we are the Harry Potter's eldest children. And because LuLu, Sarah and Scorpius are our best friends they get invited too.
After we all sat down and had set up our cauldrons and scales. Slughorn addressed us all
"Welcome back to Potions. Today we are going to attempt (his eyes swiveled toward Daisy Goyle who is so horrible at Potions she should be banned from it), to create the Hiccuping Potion. Please open your books to page 394 and begin." We all set to work on our potions, and soon the room was filled with a bluish haze that made everyone start hiccuping like mad. Then there was a BANG...
"MISS GOYLE! WHAT ON EARTH HAVE YOU DONE!" Everyone looked over at Daisy to find her and everyone near her covered in what looked like baby barf.
"Did you even READ the directions?! Twenty points from Slytherin, yes Miss Goyle my own House!" Slughorn was so annoyed he even forgot to invite Ron and I to a Slug Club party. We all raced out of the dungeons as quick as we could, only stopping to check our schedules.
"Oh goodie its Transfiguration next! Animagus time!" LuLu said, as today Ron, Sarah, Scorpius, LuLu, Lorcan, Lysander, and I were going to show the class our Animagus forms (we are the youngest Animaguses ever!).
At Transfiguration.....
"Class, settle down please!" My favorite teacher who also happens to the Headmistress of Hogwarts said, using her gift of getting an entire class quite in seconds.
"Now if would please focus your attention on the students in front of me," Professor Minerva McGonagal said sitting at her desk and focusing her own attention on, Ron, Sarah, LuLu, Scorpius, Lorcan, Lysander, and I.
I closed my eyes and felt the transformation take place, when I opened my eyes I was four feet shorter and felt very furry. I looked over at Scorpius next to me and saw just a white ferret watching the two identical rabbits that were Lorcan, and Lysander, who in turn were watching LuLu coo in her dove form, who was then watching the brown terrier that was Ron, who was then watch Sarah the doe.
"WOW!" The class said as we Transformed back into our original selves.
"That was outstanding children!" She quickly counted each of us at the front, "70 points to Gryffindor (ten for each you)!" The Gryffindor half of the class clapped and whistled as we sat down, while the Hufflepuffs only lightly clapped but look sour about how many point we had just gotten.

Later that night as I prepared for bed, I looked out the window of the dormitory, and saw Fawkes the school's majestic phoenix (it became Professor McGonagal's after Dumbledore died), soaring out over the Hogwarts Lake. I watched the sun set with satisfaction of a ay well spent.
But I guess every day at Hogwarts is a day well spent.
Hermione Ginevra-Ronalda Potter


I would like to announce Hermione's Diary Story Contest! If you wish to enter simply write a 'diary entry' or a short story about a day you spent at Hogwarts! I shall choose the winner (s) in two weeks time. GOOD LUCK!

5 comments:

  1. Where should we write it? On our blogs, or as a comment for this post?
    ~Katie
    P.S. I love your blog and please check out mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Katie please send me the story in an email at: hermionepotter242@gmail.com
      P.S. I LOVE your Blog its so creative!

      Delete
  2. AG dolls? No way. Love 'em. Have six of 'em. Onto my story now.


    "Lulu! YOU ARE THE MOST TROUBLESOME,hORRIBLE, EVIL GIRL IN SCHOOL!"
    "Well. Someones mad today."
    The someone was my Potions teacher, and i really shouldn't have said anything.
    Potente narrowed his eyes at me. Something was going to happen. And i was riled up about it. Ever since i found a peice of Fred's (my hero)
    broom, the one when he faced of that troll umbridge, I had been determined to do the same to serpent Potente.

    "Come into my office Lovegood."
    So what if my last name is lovegood? Shut up.
    pOTENTE (sLUGHORN) WAS already there by the time i got there.
    "So, Lulu-"
    "I prefer Potente, if you would cally me Lula like my name actually is."
    "Drink your tea while i think up your punishment."
    So i drank some.
    Which was my mistake.
    'Actually, just go back to class.
    So i did.
    So then he came out in said,

    "Lulu, who is your worst enemy?"
    Confusingly my mputh moved.
    "You."
    He smiled.
    "wHO STOLE my undies last year?
    Me and my big mouth.
    "Mwe and and and,,,,,,,eeeeeerrghh......Mcgonagall1"
    WWhich was actually true. She didn't like slughorn. After that he locked me in his office.
    Oh no. What had i done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Heather,
      Your story is awesome! Can you please copy and paste it into an email to send it too me?
      Thanks!
      Hermione

      Delete